Friday, April 2, 2010

Sprites.

So I set about on Monday to make the first sprites... I so totally failed. I worked and worked and worked and WORKED and when I was done I had two nice looking heads with far too much detail. As I have said in the past - I find I have to balance the level of detail with that of my desire for fantastical abstraction - and I just didn't feel I could have crazy colored wild things with pointy toes and four fingernail-less fingers with much more human looking faces.... so I started again.... and I think the end results are not too bad - far closer to what I had in mind. Simple - cute- odd (of course) but that's what I do - eh?

I'd say I'm happy... can't wait to make more... I think I'll do and do just that! Brighter colors this time! Yarrr!

See you next week! :)


No comments: