Friday, January 15, 2010

Early update...

Okay, I just can't help myself... I'm so happy to be working again! Even though... for some reason... it seems to be taking me far longer to get things done than before... maybe it's those impromptu minutes of dancing that are holding me up... but I'm just so happy.

And things are turning out well. I think I'm getting the hang, sort of, of the balance between real and fancy... what good is one without the other? It's rather difficult for me to make something that doesn't have some tiiiny chance of looking at home in the real world... outside of my sketches. Really, much of what I do draw can't really be made into 3-D figures and not turn out like some toy... and I don't want to make toys.

I hope, as I have said before, that some of this understanding transfers over to my drawing... and I think it has... but I think I could do with more. I suppose that is the fun and challenge of being a isolated artist... you have to figure out everything for yourself. For good and bad... or more often than not, in my case: furry.

See you soon!

No comments: