Friday, November 28, 2008

Change of plans...

I think it was probably all the sweet squash mush I ate yesterday, but this morning I woke up with the notion that the word:Dryad (in the show's title) should be replaced with Sprite....so the title reads: Sprites + Monsters + Imps, oh my!... because, who knows what a dryad is besides me and two other book nerds?

D thinks the title isn't very important... and that may be true, but I like to pretend that I'm a professional, even though I don't really know what that means... but if -I- were one, I would title my shows and put up colored flyers and make business cards. I imagine much of what people think of themselves occurs completely within their own brain... so onward artist Eden!

I really have to thank the work of a certain artist for this change of word: happycloud over at Etsy makes the most amazing plushes I have ever had the pleasure of seeing (and owning... wheeeee). I was wondering what other artists thought imps looked liked, after I decided that those where what I must have been drawing for the last year or so and poof! There was happycloud... creating imps in little hoodies and fauns and dryads and monsters and kings and heros and, yes, sprites. I fell in love instantly with happycloud's world(s) + work(s) and with Ferdinand (see cute faun picture) who was ordered after my usual ten hours of obsession... I have to really want something, or I really shouldn't get it.... but I could not be more pleased...

D expects he'll be put to work organizing my many piles of books as he worked as an 'assistant librarian'.

His little story (from happycloud) is as follows: 'Ferdinand is a friendly faun. He is an academic and ferocious reader. He loves stories, has an extensive knowledge of history, and loves to tell stories of fantastic adventures. He isn’t much of an adventurer himself, however. He seems to prefer the safety of his home town; a warm fire and a good book. Ferdinand would like to try his hand at writing himself; but he’s suffered from a chronic case of writers block for years. He sometimes wonders if he were to go explore and experience the world first hand, would he then have an easier time writing. For now he just works as a teacher and assistant librarian.'

I will have to control my urge to make fan art! Wheeeee... maybe I should go back to bed XD

No comments: